Monday, June 21, 2010

What am I? ( #4 )

You come out of the grayness of dusk
as you enter my yard.
I know not if it's you, or just a shadow
on a long, summer, June night.
Suddenly I am aware of all that is black
in a yard that I thought was mine.
A hanging basket of flowers plays
tricks with my eyes,
as I think it's you perched on a fence post.

The candle I read by becomes brighter
with the end of the day's light,
as blood thirsty tiny little mosquitoes
hunt for uncovered skin.
A few early fire flies grace my yard
and distract me from your quiet movement.
I can hardly see now, yet I think I see you
crouched down in the grass, looking at me.
The tree line is still visible and the waxing
gibbous moon will reflect in your green eyes
giving you away, any minute now.

~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The figure of the " waxing gibbous moon" gave me fantastic sensation and images. I clearly see that big and phlegmatic satellite lighting whit his magic and dark rays the strange green-eyed shilouette in front of you...

Sorry, but i have to thank you for your visit. And also, if you can't read me, i WANT to read and comment you...if you don't mind, obliviously.

Greetings!
F.L.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I also thought of the moon, but know I not so sure, will have to re-read it and see what else I come up with

Yvonne,

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Thank you, F.L. I think you know what it is. This is an easy one.
Yes, Of course you can read and comment on my poetry anytime!

Yvonne, thank you for coming over to read and comment.....least I know somebody is reading and that makes my day! lol
I thought this one was too easy...
the last line in the first stanza, and the last two lines in the last stanza really give it away! : )

Jacobus Gideon Hanekom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vivian aka Deborah said...

thank you, JG!

Tin Man said...

I can't believe no one guessed it was your CAT lol

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Tin man! Hi!!!!!

Yeah, right....my feral cat visitor!
Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend!